wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I had a fat-pad impingement and Plica surgery to my left

Customer Question

I had a fat-pad impingement and Plica surgery to my left knee 5 weeks today on the NHS.
I am currently still on both crutches as I am unable to put any weight on my operated knee due to the pain, I still have swelling and finding my knee very uncomfortable especially when I try and bend from just sitting in bed.
I tried to make contact with my surgeon 1 week ago to seek advise to which I was told (via surgeons secretary via email) to just rest and sort out with my NHS Physio.
I have been in bed now for 5 weeks and no signs of my condition getting any better if anything worse.... the NHS services has been awful, I visited a private physio two days ago to which she expressed her concern and that it was not normal for me to be in this current condition. I had ACL reconstruction on my right knee 7 years ago and was walking in 5 weeks. I am desperate for some advise on as I feel at a loss.
Gary Wake
07533 722 632 ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 month ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am still waiting for a professional answer from this service and would still like one
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No other medical issues or problem and not taking regular medication
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Gary,

Thank you for that additional information.

You are absolutely correct: This is not a normal post op course for the surgery you had.

You need to be examined by an orthopedic surgeon....if your surgeon is not interested in taking care of you then, as I see it, your only option is to go to Emergency and have a consulting orthopedic doctor examine you.

If medical records are not computerized such that all hospital can review your surgical and orthopedic records, it might be helpful to bring these along with you to Emergency.

I'm very sorry to hear that you are being treated like this.....

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I hope you get the care you deserve and feel better soon.

Have a good weekend.