wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I'd like some help diagnosing and resolving my 6 year old

Customer Question

I'd like some help diagnosing and resolving my 6 year old daughters eye problem she has had for the past 3 months. Doctors are not sure what this is. She suffers from hay fever and is asmatic. Doctors has prescribed anti Istameans drops to stop the itching
Category: Orthopaedics
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

What type specialists have examined your daughter?

Does she have any other medical problems or take any other medications?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Orthopaedist doctor and her gp. She is asmatic so takes green inhayler and use piriton sometimes for her pets alergy
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

Well....she really, really needs to see an ophthalmologist.

Dumping steroids on those lesions without a correct diagnosis is not a good idea.

It is possible that she might have nodular scleritis or episcleritis......unfortunately I can't make a diagnosis without a full exam.

But, one thing is for sure:

This is beyond the training and skills of a GP or an optometrist.

So. What should you do?

Get her seen by an ophthalmologist/pediatric ophthalmologist in the very near future.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS