Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Hello, My question is: I was on one parent Family payment

Customer Question

My question is:
I was on one parent Family payment 4 years. I am divorced. The father of my son and me we don’t have any maintenance agreement. I was speaking with the solicitor and he said that I have full responsibility for the child.
In this year I moved to live in Norway with my son, I informed father of my son about moving.
Now i need a proof from any Irish authority that i can take son to live in Norway. Otherwise they can’t pay child benefit here and register my child.
How can i get this document?
Which responsible authority can make this document to me?

Olena
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 3 years ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear Olena,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Contact:

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

The Department of Children and Youth Affairs

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

43-49 Mespil Rd

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dublin, 4

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Tel: +353 1 647 3000

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Here is their website:

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

http://www.dcya.gov.ie/viewdoc.asp?fn=%2Fdocuments%2FChidFamilySupportAgency%2FAgencyMainPage.htm

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Here is a list of child support solicitors in Ireland where you may be able to get better advice than you are currently receiving from yours:

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

http://www.hg.org/law-firms/child-support/ireland.html

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Irish law says that the father of the child is responsible for maintenance. Read this document about the Irish laws involved:

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/separation_and_divorce/maintenance_orders_and_agreements.html

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

This is a complicated case requiring an expert solicitor who can help you file documents and prepare what you need to get the support for your son that he is due.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I wish you great success and shall keep your family in my prayers.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Elliott,

Thank you for the answer. what does it mean Irish law says that the father of the child is responsible for maintenance.? Its only Money or more?

My other question is : When i leave the country Department of Social Protection stopped to pay the child benefit immidiately without any Notification. So now i cant register child here and also i am without any support from Ireland. Is it legal? I need document that i dont have any Money in Ireland, but they refuse to sendt it to me, ( 4-8) week.

Olena

Dear Olena,

You really need a solicitor in Norway to help you get initial help there as a Norwegian citizen (which I assume you are) and then to further help by contacting Irish authorities to get support money from the father.

I have contacted JustAnswer to see if you can get help from one of their fine legal experts.

Your best bet is to get help with your own solicitor, as I suggested earlier.

I hope this has helped.

Warm regards,

Elliott