TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Certified Professioanl Coach
64783947

I want to know if by comforting my children when they

Hello,I want to know if by comforting my children when they come to me I spoiled them or is it good for their development?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 2 years ago.
wonderful for their development and helps them build a sense of trust in you and the world
if you dont provide that then they learn that things aren't predictable and cant rely on things. Spoiling is giving into demands for things and expectations that are not love and comfort based. As an example....in a store..I want that toy, get me that toy and you rush to buy it for them...you run the risk of spoiling them and them believeing when they scream, demand, whine or beg that is how they get things.
Please let me know how I can help you further. I am here if you need.
If all good for now, please click on the rating tab to offer a rating of my support. Thanks in advance.
Jen