TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Certified Professioanl Coach
64783947

My husband and I have different opinion about parenting this

my husband and I have different opinion about parenting this because of our different cultures but is this good for our children as we get quite frustrated to go arguing in front of our children?Thank you Jen
Category: Parenting
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for coming back....while some frustrations in front of children is bound to happen, I do not believe in having full out arguments in front of children. It can cause a lot of stress and worry and could cause them to feel less safe. I would discuss with each other that when disagreements come up that you put that conversation off until a later time when it can just be the two of you without children present.

It takes some willpower to put the conversation off but the goal is for the children to feel safe and free from unnecessary worry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jen, I did mention today to my good friend about how great experiance I had by talking to you and got to fell better and she is asking me to ask you as she is a single mum since she had her son how can she best balance the space of a father in her son's life ,the boy is now 8 years old and he feels like something is missing in his life,what is it best for him his mum to ensure he is not affected now or when he is growing up .

Thank you very much

While I would prefer that she reach out directly, I will just make some general responses about that subject. As with everything I advocate, I would be open about it with her son...allowing him to verbalize his feelings about that space and not filling in his feelings with her own. If there are mentor programs where he could have a wonderful role model that is a man, that could also help. These would be my first, general thoughts and please let her know she can reach out to me here too.

Hope you are doing well today too.
Jen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you very much for your reply again,yes a lot better thank you for your continues support and giving some support to my good friend,she will ask you one more questions as she is here with me now if that is o.k?

Ok, let me know how I can support further.
Please start a new question for her.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I am M friend and thank you so much for this,I want to know what causes my sons speach to be a bit repeted and brethless is it psihologic or he is just rushing when he talks

Please start a new questionand write for therapistJen only and it will come to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My son is chewing his nails very much why he dose this please?

Please begin a new question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I feel like giving my son treats will make him happy but his happiness dose't last for long,what else can I do?