TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Certified Professioanl Coach
64783947

The father of my children has the legal right to see his children

Customer Question

The father of my children has the legal right to see his children every second weekend but has not bothered since last march 2015. The head teacher took it upon herself to forward a Christmas card from my son. She told the 5 years old that she knew his dad's address. Should she not have discused it with me first. My son now has been waiting for a response and most lilkely will not receive one. Did the head teacher over stepped the mark
Category: Parenting
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.
I am with you on this one...I believe it would have been the right thing to do to discuss it with you first. Is the teacher aware that his his father has not been involved with your son? If she was unaware, then maybe we can give her some leeway on her choice, but I believe the right thing to do would have been to contact you and let her know what her thinking was and why she proceeded without your knowledge. And if your son is speaking about his Dd in class, then she could also let you know this is happening so that you could best support your son while he is going through his feelings of missing and longing for him.