professional_Alison
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
65051498

I have joint parental responsibility with the father of my

Customer Question

I have joint parental responsibility with the father of my child he has been mentally abusive me and I have stayed with him it of fear that he will take my child. He does not live with me but stays for a week at a time. He has never taken my child to school. When he is st my house he sleeps until 2 pm I do everything for my child. He is very controlling and has recently been violent to me I front of my child (almost 3) I have only spent 10 days away from my child in 3 years. I am worried that he will try and take him for half the time and I worry for my child's welfare if he does. What are my rights?
Category: Parenting
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When he stays at my house he always wakes up on a foul mood and takes it out on me, says it's my fault. even my son is afraid to wake him up. I worry how my son is going to get his breakfast if he can't wake him up.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In my sons life he's dad has prob taken him to the park less than 5 times. I asked him to give him some milk about 2 months ago b4 bed he still thought he drunk formula he hadn't had formula for over a year.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my bets to help you but I need some further information first.

Why do you keep letting this abusive man back in?

Did your report his violence to the police?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Because he has got inside my head... He has threatened to take my baby away on a number of occasions. I guess I ha e stayed with him because I would rather bite my lip than be without my child! I worry that if my child has to stay with him he won't be able toward him up in the morning! He has been sending me abusive messages constantly. Calling me a whore and other nasty things. I am worried he will try and turn my child against me I am also worried for my child's safety. I have been scared of that man for many years but stayed with him because I was afraid of him taking my child! He was sbusive and violent to me in front of my child the other day! He threatened to kill me and stamped on my bare feet 3 times so hard I couldn't walk for 2 weeks. My almost 3 year old son told my friend what his daddy did to mummy. My friend told me I had to get out of the situation... So I finally gathered enough courage and left him.... I feel relieved but now he is constantly sending me abusive messages and threatening to take my son again. Please help! This man is clever and very manipulative! I just want to keep my baby safe
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I didn't report him to the police
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was afraid to.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

So you have now separated?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Well done - I know that took courage.

Has he actually threatened to remove the child from your care in the texts?