professional_Alison
professional_Alison, Child Care
Experience:  Degree in early years,16 years experience in childcare
65051498

I have a 7 year old daughter who is everything to me. Her

Customer Question

I have a 7 year old daughter who is everything to me. Her father doesnt want her showing any affection towards me and also takes her to family members and drags me down in front of her. She often repeats things he has said about me. He pretends he has no idea what im taliking about when i mention it. SMy little girl treats me as if im nothing and i know this is because of the very negative influence he and his very malicious family put across to her.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** am an LPC and a parenting expert. I hate to hear this. It sounds like her father is using her as a pawn to hurt you. In my book and sometimes in the court's this is a horrible kind of abuse. Your daughter needs the love and affection of both parents to mature properly. I am assuming you are separated from her father and have joint custody. If this is so, I also assume he is in violation of court orders. The courts most often direct both parents to only talk about the other parent as necessary and in a positive light. This goes for all family members. You might need to speak to your lawyer or the judge and report this behavior of the father.