Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

my son who is ten has a oor concentration span and can be hyperactive

Customer Question

my son who is ten has a oor concentration span and can be hyperactive he also is quite argumentative and lies,steals and he also trys to get out of doing his home work and also kinda picks on his sister also dosent sleep very well what can this be
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 4 years ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

I suspect you already have some concerns that he has symptoms of ADHD and so do I.

Dr. A. Clark :

I suggest you discuss this first with his doctor and then perhaps ask for a referral to a specialist who deals with ADHD and other school behavioral issues (psychologist, psychiatrist, counselor, therapist, educational diagnostician, etc.).

Dr. A. Clark :

I can tell you that at his age such behavior as lying, stealing, aggressiveness, and other antisocial behavior can become so ingrained that when puberty hits it may be too late to intervene successfully. If his doctor has not been helpful then ask for a referral now so no further time is wasted.

Dr. A. Clark :

I see you are still offline so I'll exit as well and watch for your return to chat.

I remain ready to assist you and hope you will return to our conversation so that I can complete our consultation. Thank you.
I trust you will return to our conversation to favorably rate/accept my answer. If you have any further questions please let me know.