Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

My son is 18 months old and has just started to come out in

My son is 18 months old and has just started to come out in lots of tiny spots on his body and tongue. He has no appetite for food other than formula milk and water. Two days ago his temperature was 104 and the doctor gave him an antibiotic. He woke up and vomitted last night and then had a very restless sleep.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 4 years ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

Hi. Can you chat right now?

Dr. A. Clark :

Since you are still offline let me suggest that this is most certainly a viral rash with his age and the history of a couple of days of fever and now a rash. This time of year we see lots of such viruses: roseola, herpangina, etc., all of which are harmless and generally when the rash appears the fever resolves and they feel better.

Dr. A. Clark :

For his mouth ulcers you can mix children's benadryly elixir and Maalox in equal portions and give him a little in his mouth so swish around and spit out as that will help dull the pain so he can drink.

Dr. A. Clark :

In any case, continue the fever reducers and the antibiotic and he should feel much better in the next 24-48 hours.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'll watch for your return to chat however I'm seeing patient so allow me time to get back online if you will.

I'm still happy to assist you if you need me. If you found my advice helpful I would appreciate a postive rating for my assistance. Thanks and I trust your child is feeling better.