Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

My baby is 2 years old and for 6 months he has been losing

Customer Question

My baby is 2 years old and for 6 months he has been losing his hair, in between it may have stopped for 2 weeks and then it starts again. He does have eczema and has a little cradle cap and definately a flaky scalp. Not sure if that has caused this. This is however getting better now but not the hair loss and it is throughout the scalp and evenly spread. What could this be and any medication that I should use.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 4 years ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

I suspect this is mostly due to his seborrhea which will cause the hair to fall out. Kids with eczema are much more prone to seborrhea (cradle cap) and when the greasy scales come off the hair comes with it.

Dr. A. Clark :

To stop this I suggest you first try Sebulex shampoo for a couple of weeks and if that doesn't work then the next shampoo to try is Nizoral 1% shampoo, which is available without a prescription. I'm sure you chemist can get it for you.

Dr. A. Clark :

I see you are still offline so I'll exit chat but still be standing by when you return and if you have questions I'll be notified.

I'm available if you have further questions and if not I hope you will rate my answer favorably.
I'm happy to continue to assist you and will watch for your return to our conversation.