Dr. Navitsky
Dr. Navitsky, Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  US Pediatrician licensed in California living abroad
60732142

My 5 year old is very lethargic with tempeture up to 3 hours

Customer Question

My 5 year old is very lethargic with tempeture up to 3 hours at a time like once a week maybe 2-3 times a week or even once every two weeks it just happens especially from when she wakes up in morning
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Navitsky replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Navitsky :

.

Dr. Navitsky :

Hi there this is Dr. Jody Navitsky and I am a general pediatrician. Your question posted a while ago are you still around to chat?

Dr. Navitsky :

I would love to ask you a few more questions about what happens when your daughter gets these fevers. First of all does she have any other symptoms? Runny nose, cough, changes in stooling patterns, throwing up, rashes,pain in her joints, hoarseness, sore throat....?

Dr. Navitsky :

Most kids her age and younger do get very quiet and tired with fevers and if they are accompanied by other symptoms it could be that she is having recurrent viral infections which could happen frequently if this is her first year in school especially.

Dr. Navitsky :

If there are no other accompanying symptoms and just fever I would start tracking it and the degree of the temperature. How high is it when it happens?

Dr. Navitsky :

There are cyclic fever syndromes that are hereditary and tough to diagnosis due to the fact that viral illness is so very common in young kids....

Dr. Navitsky :

I would love to chat with you when you get back online. Please respond when you are able and we can go from there. Thanks!