Dr. A. Clark
Dr. A. Clark, Pediatrician
Experience:  33 years of experience as a general pediatrician in private practice and in pediatric urgent care.
17654155

hi my 18 year old month baby woke up today at around 10.30

Customer Question

hi my 18 year old month baby woke up today at around 10.30 am after a half an hour nap and was struggling to open one of his eyes, eventually it did open but was not nearly as wide as the other eye. He has some sleep in his his eyes i dnt no if this is the issue, but i would like to no if i have anything to worry about.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. A. Clark replied 3 years ago.

Dr. A. Clark :

I'm happy that you have asked me to assist you with your child and hope that you can benefit from my many years of helping parents like you.

Dr. A. Clark :

Hi. Can you chat now?

JACUSTOMER-lu3db1qd- :

hi

JACUSTOMER-lu3db1qd- :

i cant see a response to my question

Dr. A. Clark :

Sorry I stepped back out of chat since we both have to be present to keep it open.

Dr. A. Clark :

If he just has some drainage in his eyes then the swelling is just due to that. If his eye is red and the drainage worsens then he may have an infection called conjunctivitis or pinkeye. He will need an antibiotic drop to treat this.

Dr. A. Clark :
Please let me know if you have any further questions and if not I hope you will take advantage of the opportunity to rate my advice when you exit chat. Please feel free to ask for me by name the next time you have a question about your children.