Dr SH
Dr SH, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My 2 year old bit his tongue a couple of days ago it bled but

Customer Question

My 2 year old bit his tongue a couple of days ago it bled but stopped quite soon after. I noticed he has bitten it on the right side which made it a bit flappy and loose. He hasn't complained of pain as such but isn't eating as normally he would. He also has very bad breath and has a yellow type green lump on his tongue. What should I do?
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr SH replied 3 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
It seems an infection on that side of the tongue.
You can help this by using mouthwashes.
If that does not help he will require to be seen because he may require prescription antibiotics for this.
Let me know if you have any further questions.