Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  MD, practicing Pediatrician. Member American Academy of Pediatrics.
239748

My child is 4 yrs old. For the last 4 nights she has woken

Customer Question

My child is 4 yrs old. For the last 4 nights she has woken up in the middle of the night screaming and crying saying something is itching her. She itches all over and then settles then jerks and crys again itching. This last all night and she won't settle. She can't b having nightmares or she would be able to settle also surely it wouldn't be 4 nights in a row. She wants to sleep but as soon as she starts to sleep she jerks screams crys and itches everywhere and moves her legs very quick together. There is no spots rashes or anything on her skin. I have taken her to a and e to have her checked over and they found nothing. Just gave her piriton. That's not working. Also when she wakes she doesn't want anything touching her. What can I do? Please help
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Has she seen the GP yet?
Itching can be from many factor