How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Vasavada Your Own Question
Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Category: Paediatrics
Satisfied Customers: 3297
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
Type Your Paediatrics Question Here...
Dr. Y. Vasavada is online now

My husband has to go to China on business at the end of this

Customer Question

My husband has to go to China on business at the end of this week and he has been in close contact with our grandsoiin for the last few days who has now developed chickenpox spots. What are my husband's chances of developing shingles as he has had chickenpox some years ago as an adult. Would it be possible to take medication with him to China in case shingles develop while he is there.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Hello, Sorry about this illness in grandson. Most probably your husband will have lifelong immunity from an attack of this virus.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Please however ask him to contact virologist or infectious disease specialist in China if he develops any rash.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Medicine will be available in such case there.

JACUSTOMER-cwdrv9p0- :

Took too long to reply considering the scant reply when it came and had to contact own GP who provided a much more detailed answer for free.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Good system in UK. Good luck to him in his business trip.