Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

Hi there My 7 year old daughter has had a high fever (38.7

Hi there
My 7 year old daughter has had a high fever (38.7 at the highest) and vomiting symptoms from Friday night through to last night. I have given her both Calprofen every 6 hours and Calpol every 3 hours alternatively since Friday night. This has worked to keep the temperature manageable. She is showing signs of improvement today. No vomiting and no real fever to a low grade fever (37.7 max). She has eaten some toast and a boiled egg and all has stayed down. She has a flushed face and has now developed a rash all over her body that is itchy. I have tested it and it does 'Blanche' out. Is it the infection coming out? Can I treat it with anything? Or just drinking water and it will pass? Thanks for your advice. Kim
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Hello, sorry about this illness. It will mostly pass and no treatment required except some Benadryl or Phenergan at bedtime for itching. Must have been a virus and the rash could be capillary flush.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Please continue giving bland dishes and extra fluids.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Please see your GP for fresh vomiting or diarrhea, fever recurring.