Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

I am looking for information on social development and differences

I am looking for information on social development and differences in a 2.5 and 3 years olds. Is there any national guidance I can use. My daughter is aged 2 years and 9 months. She attended a taster session for a independent school to start attending nursery next year and has been asked to reattend. Apparently she did not interact with 2 assessors who were observing her during this session and engaged in independent play but did not play with 2 other children who knew each other and were 3ish. I consider this as entirely normal for a 2.5 year old. There are no concerns re her behaviour on our side or from her currrent nursery. I feel the assessors are inexperienced and are applying criteria which are incorrect. Could you guide me as to where can I find factual information on development differences in a 2 and 3 year old to demonstrate that what my child does is normal at her age(I know it is, she has an older sibling and I don't have any concerns re her development.I am faced with the task of having to prove this to people who don't seem to know what they are doing.
Q is there guidance which details development in a 2 and 3 year old including social development at this age. engaging in play with others and interacting with strangers etc
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Please refer to site : http://www.kidspot.com.au/Toddler-Behaviour-2-3-years-social-and-emotional-development+94+27+article.htm

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Also there are guidelines in ref. : http://raisingchildren.net.au/articles/social_and_emotional_growth_from_age_2_to_3_pbs.html

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

The behavior of your kid is normal for age and many children do not interact instantly or first few days in new environment

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

excellent thank you