Dr.israr
Dr.israr, Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
29944350

Hi I have a 9 week old babie who has back and fourth to doctors

Hi I have a 9 week old babie who has back and fourth to doctors as he dose not poo for upto 4 days and when he dose poo it's dhyarria he has really bad tummyache still after doing poo and his tummy is Rock hard and squared he trumps a lot but no poo it main,y starts after having a bottle, he is imagine Roth it and struggles to get wind up when feeding but dose a lot of trumping, crying all time and going red in face can you help please we changed his milk 3 times and ow started him on lactose intolerance milk what he seems better on and did 2 poos in 2 days but I'm not sure if he's got lactose intolerance
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr.israr replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear about your son problem.

In order to help you find an answer, could you please answer following;

Any history of rash around anal region associated with diarrhea?

Any history of regurgitation of milk or vomiting associated?

Any stool examination done to confirm lactose intolerance?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No rash sometimes can ba sick but only abit and not all time no stool check he seems better on this milk but he has had bad tummyache didn't poo for days his tummy hard and squared he was on cow&gate milk tryd the comfort milk for constipation it made him worse

Expert:  Dr.israr replied 3 years ago.
Ok
Few more question before i can give you a helpful answer.
When did he pass first stool after birth? I mean after how many days?
Is he active other wise?
How many ounces of milk does he take per feed?
Any history of abdominal fullness associated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He didn't poo for 2 days after his was born and only had 2 black poo, when he did poo. He is active but was very unsettled kept crying pushing his legs up and he now has between 6/7 ounce has he was a big baby he weighed 9lb he did go from 7ounce to 3/4 now back up. Hr also seemed to have snuffles he would wake up crying really red in face screaming . his tummy made funny sounds tummy hard . just trumps loads

Expert:  Dr.israr replied 3 years ago.

Ok and thanks for your input. Well base on the information's provided, yes lactose intolerance is one of the possibility. Other Possibility is GERD with infant colic. Ideally you need to check stool for reducing substance while baby is on normal milk formula to confirm lactose intolerance. In the current scenario you just continue lactose free formula for 4 weeks. Give him minicol drop ( 3 drops per feed 3 to 4 times a day) for 5 days. Give him syp lactulose ( 2.5 ml ) when he has constipation only once or twice to settle constipation. During sleep he should be place on right or left lateral position with head and chest on pillow. He should be given small but frequent feeds. After 4 weeks he should be given normal milk formula and if his symptoms recur then his stool should be checked for reducing substance to confirm lactose intolerance. Thanks and please use reply button to ask any of your concern which i didnt answer. Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much. He won't take it frequently n less milk docs told me to do it but he was still going 4 hours he has anti colic bottle's too do I give him the stuff you said whilst he on this milk or when back on normal milk he seems so much happier on this milk now more content and I thought it's not safe for babies to use pillows

Expert:  Dr.israr replied 3 years ago.

Ok and welcome

You just give him minicol drops plus lactose free formula. No need to give him anti colic medicine now. You can use pillow but it should not be so soft and put pillow under the mattress of the crib. Don't put a pillow on the mattress. You have to keep his head and chest elevated while feeding and during sleep.

Thank you again

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank you so much

Expert:  Dr.israr replied 3 years ago.
welcome again and may GOD help your baby.
Expert:  Dr.israr replied 3 years ago.
How is your baby now?
Is there else i can do? Please rate my previous service if it help you.