Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

Hello My name is***** have two little boys age 1y 3m and

My name is***** have two little boys age 1y 3m and 2y 5m. Both of them have a croup virus. Having fevers and terribly running nose along with it. In my closet I a Pcus LM01 (not sure if it is correct) in drops and belladonna 30c . I am not sure how to give them belladonna to keep their fever down? For how long and how often? And what to do if it doesn't go down? Can I still give them paracetamol along with it? And the drops were prescribed to remove all of the mucus that left after illness. Can I use it to get read of the nasal mucus?
Irina
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Hello Irina, Sorry about this illness in both kids. Belladonna is not for fever but tummy ache. You need to give paracetamol alone for high spikes of fever above 101 *f. It can be repeated every 4-5 hours if needed. Also just give some steam inhalation and warm sips of sugar water with dash of salt.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Majority of drugs for mucus are not effective. You may put some decongestant nasal drops in nostrils at bedtime if needed for easy breathing.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Also raise head end of cots. If there is wet cough, please keep them inclined on your knees head low, and thump over upper back (on their empty stomach) few minutes every couple of hours to remove secretion from upper air-way.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Continued fever over 3-4 days may need consulting your GP for possible antibiotic course.

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada :

Good luck to both.