Charogat
Charogat, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery (adult and pediatric) and medicine.
16403115

My two year old grandson was born without a oesophagus, which

My two year old grandson was born without a oesophagus, which after almost twelve months was repaired.The problem now is that he he shows no interest in solid food and at the present time is being tube fed into his stomach.I have grave concerns for his well being, as you can imagine he is under weight and never really looks well.I am most anxious.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Charogat replied 2 years ago.
Charogat :

Hi, and thank you for coming to our site with your question.

Charogat :

This is, unfortunately, a common occurrence in situations such as the one with your grandson.

Charogat :

There are centers that specialize in dealing with children in cases like this, and over the course of a month to six weeks of either inpatient or intensive outpatient work.

Charogat :

I am not familiar with specific ones in the UK, but what you would likely be looking for (asking the doctor for suggestions) is a "feeding center".

Charogat :

I wish you all the best of luck and hope he grows up to be a happy and healthy adult.

Charogat :

G-d Bless

Charogat :

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Charogat :

I'll be leaving the computer shortly, but plan to be back on in the morning.

Expert:  Charogat replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.