Pediatrician
Pediatrician, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Pediatrics), DM ( Gastroenterology).
14495901

My 4 year daughter has chicken pox. They seem to be starting

Customer Question

My 4 year daughter has chicken pox. They seem to be starting to heal on her body but not around her genital areas where they have been longest. Why is this and is she still contagious?
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Pediatrician replied 2 years ago.
Pediatrician :

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer! If you have questions after reading my answer, be sure to let me know.

Pediatrician :

I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

Pediatrician :

Chickenpox rash appears as successive crops of lesion

Pediatrician :

So the rashes on the body will show different phase of healing - Some will be new, some will be healing , some will be having crust and some totally healed

Pediatrician :

It may be associated with itching.scratching may lead to secondary bacterial infection. This may delay the healing.

Pediatrician :

A newer crops of lesions and a possible secondary bacterial infection might explain the rash still persisting in a particular area on the body

Pediatrician :

She will remain contagious till all the lesions become crusted.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Welcome to Just Answer!
If you have questions after reading my answer, be sure to let me know.
Chickenpox rash appears as successive crops of lesions.
So the rashes on the body will show different phase of healing - Some will be new, some will be healing , some will be having crust and some totally healed.
It may be associated with itching. Scratching may lead to secondary bacterial infection. This may delay the healing.
Newer crop of lesions and a possible secondary bacterial infection might explain the rash still persisting in a particular area on the body.
I hope that answers your question.
If you have any more question use the reply button.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service by clicking on the smiley below.