Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  MD, practicing Pediatrician. Member American Academy of Pediatrics.
239748

This is a question

Customer Question

Hi, this is a question regarding my newly one year old grandson who I look after three days a week to allow my daughter-in-law to return to her job as a dentist. My grandson is everything we could wish for in a baby. He has the most endearing nature and everyone who meets him are generally bowled over with his character and antics. He is full of life and can't get enough of the world about him and all he has to learn and discover. There is one issue which is concerning my son & daughter-in- law. When my grandson is around other children whether his own age or much older,he tends to lunge at them pulling their clothes and the latest thing and the most concerning for his parents,he actually bites other children randomly despite being happy and enjoying everything going on.
One mother has actually started to pull her child away from my grandson if he goes near him and her child is almost three.
I can honestly say my grandson is the most loving child in all other respects. He toddles up to us for a cuddle saying 'awwww' and gets on with everything he has to do. He's very industrious.If you have any advice regarding this issue or why it happens,with suggestions on what to do & how to cope, I would be extremely grateful.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oops,missed that,yes.I'm thinking this may not work this time as I didn't receive the text alert. I'm just wondering if I've been charged for the consultation because if it's not convenient to reply now I think I should leave this just now and cancel as although my question is a concern it's not anything we can't deal with.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to cancel this question.
I've done my own research and apparently occasional toddler biting is fairly common and something they grow out of. I probably knew that and was really looking for some additional support on ways to stop it happening now without waiting for it to be outgrown. I feel distraction and prior intervention is the best idea and was going to say this to my daughter_in- law and my question was so I'd have something to show her as a backup. Please just go ahead and cancel and I will check with the site to ensure I've not been charged.