Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My son is going around in Japan days project

Customer Question

My son is going around in Japan for 12 days for subjects project trip with school. he has CKD stage 3.
1) is there special precaution he should take?
2) Food could be a challenge. to esure he is not defficient of vital vitamins out there i want to give him multi vitamins to take every other day. Is this reasonable and ok in his condition?
3) he is allergic to nuts and suseptable to hay fever. I want to get him an epi pen to take with him. Is this ok?
Please respond quickly. Thank you for your help.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Hello, (1,2)please inform the team leader (teacher) about his conditions. It is ok for few days to stray from strict diet regimen because he can always make up later on return, with tests for any damage to his balance. Vitamin supplement is OK to take on trip.(3) He should inquire about presence of nut in dish at each meal. Epi pen can be used in emergency and is OK to carry. Good luck to him.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Hello, No harm for him on short outing, in a stable condition he is in.Food will not be a problem and he has to inform waiter or caterer about his allergy. Epi pen also can be carried by him in case of emergency if the leader of his team knows about its operation.Multivitamin supplements can be taken as he is taking presently at home.