Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  MD, practicing Pediatrician. Member American Academy of Pediatrics.
239748

My son aged 14 is in the latter stages of Whooping cough. Started

Customer Question

My son aged 14 is in the latter stages of Whooping cough. Started early May, presented with vomiting and the typical whooping cough. Started with a sore throat. Diagnosed on 23 May and fiben antibiotic for 9 days.
He is stil coughing and feels generally wiped out and is not sleeping well. He is going to school.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Sorry about this condition. It remains for a fixed duration of several weeks and one has to endure the condition as drugs are not very effective.Please try some bronchial dilator drug like salbutamol syrup or deriphylline, this may reduce severity of coughing bout. Night time benadryl also may help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What homeopathic medicine can I give, I am not interested in allopathic medicine.thanks
Sorry but thee is none.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know this to not be the case, as a friend of mine is a Homeopath and recommended quite a few homeopathic medicines. i just wanted a more specific one for my son.
Sorry but we only recommend allopathic medicines in the medical speciality of Pediatrics on this web service. Please change the category of question to Homeopathy if desired.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** homeopathy. Something didn't go according to plan!
You are welcome and good luck to him.