Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My toddler is at the tantrum throwing stage, and won't listen

My toddler is at the tantrum throwing stage, and won't listen to what I ask a lot of the time... But its me I'm worried about, I've recently been shouting at him and getting very stressed out every time it happens, I think I need some help but I don't know what to do?
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Sorry about this mental state you find yourself in. With first child, this is expected and it would be best if you get into a self-help group of similar moms. Weekly support meets and discussions could help a lot. Also discuss with your physician about a possible drug support for you if badly required at times, if baby is not breast-feeding. Meanwhile you could also try meditation and other similar stress-coping techniques, preferably learned from some expert.
If this makes for useful advice, please act and also give positive rating to the answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much, I will look into parenting groups in my area :)

You are welcome and good luck.