Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My son is at CKD stage 3b botherline 4. It is obvious

My son is at CKD stage 3b botherline 4. It is obvious that this has affected his growth. I have noticed this for the past 12months and raised it. Hid growth profile has shown significant reduction in growth rate and his physical observations and feedback to him by his people and his school mates is having significantly disturbing effect on him. He says he feel odd and his mates are helping him measure his arms legs etc to convince him something is wrong. I have noticed the progress to this but said nothing. i don't feel the hospital consultant pu tmuch count to waht I say. my son is a good athlete with good circle of caring freinds and they don't even know he has CKD to live with.
What can be done to correct this quickly? I was told it is something that can be easily corrected with growth homone. if so what type and how can he be treated?
He is 15years old and will be 17 in January. he is increasingly unhappy and ask me to do something.
I also worry abou this urea and creatinine level in particular. How can these be reduced and controlled?
I wait anxiously for your quick reply.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Sorry about this situation. Growth in height is possible if the growth-plates of long bones are not fused, so please consult a growth specialist endocrinologist. Meanwhile please use calcium and vitamin D supplement for him under guidance from urologist physician.It is no use hiding his condition from friends and trainers.
Hello, Sorry about this situation. Growth in height is possible if the growth-plates of long bones are not fused, so please consult a growth specialist endocrinologist. Meanwhile please use calcium and vitamin D supplement for him under guidance from urologist physician, who also will guide treatment for reducing urea and creatinine levels.It is no use hiding his condition from friends and trainers.