Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My 5 years old got some decay and went to dentist but as he

Customer Question

my 5 years old got some decay and went to dentist but as he was not easy to have the job done, she referred to a hospital to have them fixed. she said they will use gas. can you please let me know what will happen to him? what is the method using gas?
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Hello, This practice involves anesthetizing child so that there is full cooperation and ease of doing a dental job. If your pediatrician deems him to be fit for this, please go ahead and get it done. Then there no or very little likelihood of any problem during the procedure and he should be fine, feeling some pain for a day or two after he comes out of anesthesia, needing pain killer drug.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. Is there any risk for this? when he got an injection for a cavaty, his cheek in side his mouth got braster immediately and it hurt a lot. I suspect he might be alegic to those kind of medicin.
You are welcome. Gas inhalation drug is different from mouth injection given for local anesthesia in tooth root. So there is no cross reaction possible.There would be no or very little risk involved.