Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

Dr Yogindra . I forgot to ask that over the past week my

Dr Yogindra . I forgot to ask that over the past week my baby has had dark green stools . (Like mint sauce ) she is fully breastfed and well otherwise . Is this ok ? Can I be sure that the block of sleep she did after the bath isn't related to the chemicals
? It's just it was so our of character for her not to stir im worried they may of affected her . Would this have been a symptom ? Many thanks again to you in advance . Claire .
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Hello Again Claire, Green stools indicate bile present in unaltered form, and are due to hurried passage so if there is no increased frequency, all you need is to give little yogurt daily and see.Surely going to sleep was one time affair and now she is active, playful after bath etc. so not likely related to any chemical exposure, which may on the contrary produce irritability.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great thank you so much . She's not weaning yet so perhaps I will just wait and see if it sorts itself out . She has recently been in hospital with bronchiolitis so maybe it's linked with that ? Yes she only slept for 2,5 hours then fed as normal but it was just unusual for her not to stir that was all . Would she have been grizzly then if it was linked to the chemicals that may of been present ? Also did you seey question about links with leukaemia ? I was concerned about this as I read that chemicals can trigger this also and what would be classed as a trace amount ? As I'm
Just aware I can't be sure how much was on the sponge . Many thanks .
Claire .
Sorry about delay, the site is having some problems.
Posts do not get past chat window.You are welcome. We are already living in sea of cancer producing agents including sunlight. Lucky that most of us escape unscathed. Yes internet is replete with scary stories. Authorities do ban substances proven to cause ill effects.Recent illness may have been responsible for stool color change and erratic sleep pattern.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you . You don't think her solid sleep was linked to the chemicals then at all ? And do you think even though there could have been a fair amount on the sponge this would have been classed as a trace amount ?
Claire .
Welcome. As I said, toxin more likely to cause irritability then sleepiness.A soapy substance will be easily washed away with water during bath, and little scope for absorption or sticking to skin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ahh ok would that of been the case even though I didn't rinse her skin after being in the bath water Roth the sponge ?
Yes, quite diluted in whole tub. Drying would also remove any thing sticking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it was only her small baby tub though so not as much water as bath tub . Do you think that's still ok ?
Yes, still dilution occurs. And wiping with towel will remove any trace s of detergent.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you . Thanks so much for all your help you have been really patient with all my questions . I've been so worried but will try and put it out of my mind now .
Claire .
You are most welcome and good luck.