Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My niece is 10 days old, her skull is hard and her

my niece is 10 days old, her skull is hard and her fontanelles are kind of small and the parieto occipital suture is very prominent like the bones are overlapping.. can this be craniosynostosis ?
she is having tie tongue and incomplete split palate.. she lost 400gm out of 3 kg in 4 days.. then we gave her formula milk and she gained 150 gm in the next 5 days
she also have left ear deformity and irregular gum line ..
can you please advice me about her condition !!? whats the procedure her parents should take now ?
they live in saudi Arabia and the paediatrician there didnt do any investigations for the baby !!
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Shantal ,,thank you for your answer ,, i would like to wait for the answer to my question !Alaa
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes she could be having premature suture fusion. If there are brain symptoms like vomiting, fits and size of skull remains small, she may need x ray or mri studies, treatment like separation of suutures.Good luck to her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Dr. Yogindar ,so do we need to do the CT or the Xray from now or we can wait for a while ? there is no brain symptoms , , she have nasal regurgitation but i think this is because of the cleft palate !!
and what about the cleft palate ?? what do we need to do about this ?
For cleft palate, a plastic palate shield can help during feeding. Surgery can correct it later when fit for anesthesia.
Simple x ray may be taken. CT is harmful.
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience: M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp