Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My 4 year old son has a rash on s neck and it is slowly

Customer Question

my 4 year old son has a rash on his neck and it is slowly spreading. I have no idea what this rash is. Its small dark spots. I have a phot if it helps.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Sorry about this skin rash. It could be heat rash and will respond to measure like body talc or calamine lotion. Does not look like any allergy especially if not itchy.

Please avoid outdoor play for couple of days, or synthetic top clothing.

Good luck to him.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. He is sneezing and coughing and was playing in long cut grass yesterday on a warm day so can understand it being heat rash and slight allergy. I thought heat rash was more of a red bumpy rash. I now know different. Thank you for your time.

You are welcome. Please also use Benadryl at bedtime if needed.