Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

Sorry, I think I need a pediatrician, I need advice/help

Customer Question

Goodmorning, sorry, I think I need a pediatrician, I need advice/help with my 11yr old..
Mrs ******
Category: Paediatrics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, when shall I expect to hear from you... It has been rather a very long time
mrs ********
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mrs. Cameron, Please proceed with your query about 11 yr old child.

Please give full details.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son is 11yrs,this morning he has demonstrated the worse behaviour I ve ever seen unfortunately... Usually he is very placid and calm and loving kindest, gentlest boy ever,never ever we ve had a problem..his teachers love him so do we..he is the baby of the family, also very sensetive ususally if raise my voice he cries.. We ve had a fantastic weekend,he was excited this morning he was gfoing to France with his school for a week.. whilst he was having his breakfast, I was 4/5m away from him trying to put skype on his Ipad, I said to him put your password ***** delete allthat you tube/games etc.. he was very quiet, i said come on I ve asked couple of times now, if he didnt get a move on we ll be late.. Next thing I hear like a sky falling 6:30am in the morning.. we ve a massivly thick glass table, it took 3 men to carry..He is 35/37kg he is average for his age group height / weightwise.. he literally picked up the table flipped it over, we ve had 2 dogs under his feet by the table.. shattered, I was stunned, he didnt say a word, no reaction at all.. heis eggs were still on the counter, he ate it I ran upstairs with shock crying unconrollably, not a sound from him. Then he went in the car, all through the journey nothing, like a Im so sorry mummy or amything like that.. My kids havent even broken a cup up until today... such a skinny little boy with no remorse.. where did he get that enormous furry and anger from and what for? I m still shocked and horrified... as he displayed a horrific behaviour, without any remorse, I m ashamed to take to our GP and I also dont want to raise a physcopath.. Please advise me.. ths is asuch a kind an gentle human being why did he do this.. forget about the cost of the furniture, he could have killed the dogs with the weight of the glass, he could have been cut all over and would have had to rush him to the hosp. it must have been a glass chip bounced and cut his nose abit.. it was shocking.. why my child did this ? Also I am hoping these notes wont be following him to the GP.. !.. Should I give him calming tablets when he gets back..?

Hi, Sorry about this episode. I think he was under travel anxiety or stress and perhaps having low glucose to brain or something so early in morning so I feel you need to just observe him a while before jumping to any medication right away. Please however do talk about this episode on his return in quiet manner and take disciplinary action after informing him in matter-of-fact way, carrying through the punishment.

Good luck to him.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am stunned by your answer.. as I had explained it took 3removal men to carry the glass table.. If he was low of sugar or weak how did he do that? This was clearly a some sort of physicotik attack, forgive me for me being not very knowledgeable on mental heath.. This most definetely was not "there there, dont do it again" situation. I thought you might advise me to skip the GP, take him to the hosp for an obsevation... As I said I do not want to neither sleep with one eye open nor raise physopath child. Something went crazy in his head today.. it was like, he was somebody else..
I m sorry this hasnt been a satisfactory answer, I think when he gets back most definetely we will take him to GP then ask him to be refered to a mental hospital for asessment..Thank you for your time though. Mrs *******

Hi, Of course taking to your GP and getting assessed by child psychiatrist would be fine. Do go ahead but also meanwhile follow the plan suggested, as you will have to wait till the appointment for indefinite period anyway.