Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  MD, practicing Pediatrician. Member American Academy of Pediatrics.
239748

My 14 months old baby is not waving pointing clapping or

My 14 months old baby is not waving pointing clapping or saying many words. He is also yet to walk or stand unaided. Otherwise he is a very happy active boy who climbs everything and babbles heyyyyy he all day. Should I be worried?
Category: Paediatrics
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He was born at 38 weeks and formulae fed.
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 11 months ago.

There is certainly some delay in milestones, which may be a normal variation.

However, this does require a detailed developmental assessment. You should be referred to a pediatrician/ developmental pediatrician for assessing the extent and the possible cause of this delay.

It could be something as trivial as low Vit D, or it may be treatable condition like Hypothyroidism, or some other reason.

As I said before, this could be a normal variation, but I would be comfortable only after getting a clean chit from your pediatrician,

Warm regards

Dr Gupta, MD, Pediatrician, Member AAP.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi there,Thank you for your answer. I will book an appointment to see the GP about the referral.
As an option, can I give him multivitamins containing Vitamin D? also, I have googles Hypothyroidism and my child does not have any of the symtoms.

Yes,

The ubiquitous "Google Doctor" :)

I wish diagnosing conditions was as easy as Googling it, but hypothyroidism can be difficult to diagnose in mild cases.

Of course, I am not suggesting that your kid has hypothyroid, just used it as an example.

Yes, you can certainly give MV with Vit D.

Do remember to leave a positive feedback so that I am compensated for my time,

Hope to hear from you again after the opinion of the doctor,

Warm regards