Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

I am looking for a paediatrician who will sort out my

Customer Question

I am looking for a paediatrician who will sort out my grandson. He is 5 yrs old and has been suffering chronic constipation for 4 months. he has been given 3 types of sachets as medication and seeps fluid all day & Night. The specialist has told him to stay off school for six weeks at a time whilst taking the medication and does not seem to be bothered about finding a cure or discovering the reason for this condition. My Daughter in law is a working mother and cannot keep taking time off work or paying childminders who now refuse to take him due to the fact he needs cleaning up constantly! also this is affecting the childs education and is effecting him phycologicaly. Can you recommend a good knowledgeable Pediatrician who specialises in these types of problem in children so I can get a consultation with him.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 10 months ago.
Hi, sorry about this issue. He seems to be having overflow soiling, is he? In that case please get loaded bowels clean by daily enemas.
An x-ray may show if his large bowels are clear. Also take him off meat. You may get referral to pediatric gastro-enterologist from present pediatrician or gp.
Good luck to him.