Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My baby was born at 35 weeks and he was suspected with

Customer Question

Hi! My baby was born at 35 weeks and he was suspected with pneumonia. We have been hospitalised for 1 week. Now the problem is that he doesn't feed properly. There are days when I barely can give him 60 ml every 2, 3 h. He seems like he wants to eat but something is hurting him. It was always so difficult to feed him. We have tried medications for reflux and colic prescribed by GP, but nothing really worked. He is also very pale and he is crying all day . Whenever he is awake he is crying and sometimes even in his sleep. Another weird thing is that he is sneezing a lot and yorning like the air is not enough to breathe. I noticed for few weeks that he is sticking his tongue out a lot like he wants to vomit every second. I have consulted different doctors , but .. no one really gave me an answer of what it could be. I don't know what to do anymore,please advice if there is anything I should be concerned about. I am scared something could be wrong with his heart or langs.
I am looking forward for an answer.
Lavinia
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. Dr. Yogindra

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Lavinia, Sorry about this history. He may have poor sucking power so few days you may have to give milk by spoon till he is satisfied. If antibiotic course is over, he may recover from acid reflux soon. You have to watch for urine output, which should be frequent. And motions, at least one per 24-48 hours.

In between you may also use glucose or sugar water sips to improve hydration and caloric intake.

Good luck to him.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will try so , thank you!

You are welcome. Weighing baby frequently tells more about health and wellbeing.