Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  MD, practicing Pediatrician. Member American Academy of Pediatrics.
239748

My baby is 5month old and 6.2kg now. I have found some red

Customer Question

Hi my baby is 5month old and 6.2kg now. I have found some red spots in her torso since yesterday. She doesn't have fever (37.1 C now normaly 36.8). The red spots were 10 yesterday afternoon including torso's front and back but those were disapeared during night ane appeared again this morning more and in differet area. And tiny bumps are spread much more. She eat well (formular) but sleeps more. Wee and poo are normal. She sucked (not eating) on boiled egg white part yestersay. She attended her baby class where they announced later one of babies got hand food and mouth disease last Tue. Finally, she hasn't had 16weeks injection yet due to either injection was not availble or she was addmitted to the hospital for a week on her 18-19weeks because of chest and urine infection. Antibiotic treatment was done for her for a week. I would like to know whether it tells any disease.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. Dr. Yogindra

The pic shows diffuse Maculo-papular rash mostly due to food allergy. Please give cetirizin syrup once daily half tsf. few days and see.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Given she is under 1 year old, is ceritizine fine to give her? NHS showes guideline only from 1-2 years above. And one more question, she is going to have her 16weeks, which quite delyed already. Would she be ok to have that 3rd injection? Otherwise, is she better to delay it? Thank you again.

yes you can safely give.

And shot can also be safely given any day. Will have fever post that for a day or so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your advise and help. Always very helpful. Thanks again.

You're welcome.