Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)
Experience:  MBBS. FCPS (R) General Surgery and Traumatology.5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My 6 months old daughter started to have small bumps around

Hi,My 6 months old daughter started to have small bumps around her eyes and on her eyelids about 2 weeks ago. She has no red eye but her eyes seem to be itchy for the last few days as she frequently tries to rub her eyes. She also has cold symptoms like congestion and mild eye watering since yesterday. I am not sure if they are related. I tried to mark the area affected on one of the pictures I am sending. She has similar bumps on other parts of her face (mostly around her mouth and chin) since she has started to drool a lot. What can they be? Do you think we need to see a doctor in person about it?
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

These spots are known as Milia or milk spots and are seen in children around the eyes, nose and cheeks. In infants, these spots are self limiting and will disappear within a month to 6 weeks.

They are formed due to blocked eccrine sweat glands so essentially these are keratin filled cysts.

You can schedule a well-child appointment with her pediatrician but relax this is nothing permanent or dangerous.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Pleasure to help.

Please don't forget to rate the answer by clicking on the stars. I shall appreciate it.

Take care.