Dr. Y. Vasavada
Dr. Y. Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

I would like some help with my daughter's on going case she

Customer Question

Hi I would like some help with my daughter's on going case she is 6 months now and she was born with c-section and forceps because she was reluctant to come out and doctors had to use forceps however she was bruised under her both eyes which becomes quite sore bruises after a day or two also her face was swollen now at the age of 4 months 21 days my wife bathed my daughter she cries when she bathed which she were after she was dressed she suddenly stop breathing floppy and was breathing every 5 seconds after I started to give her mouth to mouth she got better a bit until paramedics arrived doctors sent her for CT scan which discovered bleed her head inbetween (skull and Brian) now the doctors cannot figure out how this bleed came to my daughter's head she was very healthy and good happy chilled never had any issue all through 4 months 20 days the blood was tapped out of her head ages approximatley 13 weeks old also she had seizure on the way to hospital when I read some medics advice around online to my understanding it seems like it's from the birth please advice me on what percentage could it be related to birth?
I have all the reports if needed please let me know if you like to go through any more details.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Paediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Y. Vasavada replied 1 month ago.
Hi, sorry about this event. Unlikely due to birth trauma. Any bleed at birth will give fits, vomiting and increasing head size soon, with poor weight gain. Baby seems to have recent head trauma.
Good luck.
Please refuse permission for any ct as gives dangerous radiation & same help given by mri or sonography safely.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi thanks responding yes the baby's head had increased from to week 13 from 32cm (9th centile) to 40cm (75th centile). She has also had a seizure when she was in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.
When you reach hosp icu baby is in safe hands, trust drs to diagnose & treat well. Good luck.