DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My 4 year old has chicken pox and I have him valpol an hour

Customer Question

My 4 year old has chicken pox and I have him valpol an hour ago his temp is at, 39.6 he has a small blanket on and a cool compress on his head. He's shaking a little and talking loud in his sleep.
Category: Paediatrics
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
calpol
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 20 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

There is nothing to worry about

You can continue with cold compresses and repeat calpol after every four hours.

As chicken pox is a viral illness so there is a natural course during which the symptoms will continue and then in a week or so they will settle down

You can have a visit to the doctor to see if there is any secondary bacterial infection.

Some time to prevent secondary infection clinicians do prescribe antibiotic for a short period.

I am available to assist you any further till you are satisfied that you have received a 5-star response