,
Experience:  dasdasd
94535712
is online now

I started working and received my first pay packet,

Customer Question

I started working for Asda and received my first pay packet, I noticed that national insurance is not being paid and now they are offering me sick pay insurance for £12.00 a month. I work as a janitor on slightly more than minimum wage, £12.00 is quite a lot for me. Is this legal and does it mean I have to buy my own stamps towards my government pension?
Category: Pensions
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. can you tell me are you working full time and how long have you been there and do you have a contract of employment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben,
I started work on 25/10/2015, I am contracted to work 17 hours a week but I haven't actually seen a contract.
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and will get back to you as soon as possible. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience delays.
Expert:  ben.jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello having looked at this in more detail it is really a tax or pensions issue so I will transfer it to the relevant section and someone there should be in touch with you soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as it will assign it back to me. Thanks