Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 2007 Peugeot 207 1.4 vti petrol. the car is

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2007 Peugeot 207 1.4 vti petrol.
the car is currently in limp mode and displaying economy mode, antipolution fault on the dash. The car starts fine and runs smoothly only the top end of the engine seems very noisy. I have compression tested it and have 4 readings of 230 psi. Also i have stripped of the cam cover and see no signs of damage. my obd2 code reader is giving me P1067,P1015 manufacturer specific & P0010 a camshaft position actuator circuit(bank1) readings.
the car has done 25,000 miles. i have tried swaping the MAP and post lambda sensors but it still wont run out of limp mode.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

I just noticed that your question was not getting a response, so i thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this issue

Regards Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes also forgot to mention that the MIL light is on it can be reset but returns when start up

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.

Stuart the car will keep going into limp mode until the malfunction codes have been sorted out .
For Peugeot i would strongly advise you visit a dealer or an approve shop to reread the codes as I've found using a GST or code reader would give out the wrong code's .

This would put you on the wrong repair track for a bad repair which would end up costing you more .

Or you could get me the codes rechecked and post them here for me .

.I know this is not the answer you were looking for, but I do hope this has helped in some way,

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you are right that is not the answer I wanted so at the moment i am trying to get the codes sorted.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have recieved the codes and they are

P1067 - Variable valve lift position motor relay - malfunction

P1015 - Wiring, variable valve lift position sensor, variable valve lift position motor relay, variable valve lift position motor, camshaft position (CMP) actuator, ECM.

It seems that the variable valve timing is not working and can be contributed to one or more of the above. Where would you start? where do i locate the Variable valve lift relay? or how do I test the actuator?