Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

i have a pug(NNN) NNN-NNNN1.9 diesel estate . cental locking has

Customer Question

i have a pug(NNN) NNN-NNNN1.9 diesel estate . cental locking has packed up , i just want to disconnect the whole thing and do with out c l . my main prob is the rear doors have locked shut , ive taken both door cards off and can get to the rods and locks but i still cant manu
ally unlock the doors even though i can get my hands inside . help please . ed .
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes carry on asking ive no choice , im stuck [ like my rear doors ]

ed

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer.

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you with this.. Im sorry to see you have had a wait on this...

Often the common mistake made when trying to open "locked" doors - when they go wrong like this , is that people try to unlatch the lock...before actually ensuring the door is not locked...so just please ensure that the actual lock, is unlocked...and then trigger the lock to open the doors.. At the moment, in this situation, they are usually locked -

If they are unlocked ,then you have to physically detach the mechanism from the lock part itself - but its easier to use the rods to unlock it first if it will...

So do that as above and let me know how you get on..

Let me know if you need anything more though -

>> >> >> > Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

mike re my pug 406 locked rear doors , i dont u/stand what you mean re are doors actullaly locked , if by lifting up each door handle , which does move upward [ both doors ] and also using the electronic key .... when i press it i can hear and feel the mechanism trying to do something .... does this mean any solinoid is trying to open the doors but it only works one way constanly locking them .

i dont get what u are saying if i cant open the doors they must be locked .

also what do you mean trigger the locks do u mean move the rods with my hand [ which ive done , they move but dont unlock anything or trigger the lock with the key fob ? . would you consider a verbal exchange my mob is XXXXXXXXXXX do u live in the south east of england . ed h .

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello again...

My apologies that I could only just get back to you ..

Its not a case of as you mention above - " if i cant open the doors they must be locked"... they are not necessarily locked...with the "locks"..

Im afraid we cannot talk outside the confines of justanswer we are not allowed Im afraid - as you can see your number has been "botted"...

As there has been a delay - please tell me where you are up to at present ..?

Rgds - MIKE...............................