Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

hello just finished a long journey back from Germany to the

Customer Question

hello just finished a long journey back from Germany to the UK, I drive a Peugeot 307 1.4 Petrol 2002 model. i had a rattling noise when pressing the accelerator pedal, when the clutch was engaged this noise disappeared, halfway journey i lost the clutch, it just goes to the floor and you cannot engage any gear.The only way i can get it into gear is buy turning off the engine and putting in a gear then turning on the engine and revving the pedal. Not safe i know but i needed to get home. If you could advise what the problem is and how much i am looking at shelling out to get it repaired it would be most appreciated.

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help.

Well by your description it certainly seems its going to be clutch issue..the likly hood being the release bearing /pressure plate..alas the only way forward on this one besides checking for any obvious issues with the clutch hydraulic side ie: leak from the slave or master cylinder..as above you will be looking at a full clutch replaement job which does involve as you'll know gearbox removal.clutch kits do range in price according to make but most do tend to be in the region £90-£100 or dealer £200 roughly..the clutch comes a three part kit so you get the friction plate/pressure plate/bearing for the release arm..garage labor time roughly is 4-5 hours -however i can be specific on that as garages tend to have differing labor rates across the uk.the best thing is to phone around for the best quote on the full job inc vat etc..but as above once verified as such it certainly seems to be that way now in regards to the clutch assembly..i do hope this helps