Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

I have a 2002 Suzuki Vitara 2.0 HDI manufactured with a 2.0

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Suzuki Vitara 2.0 HDI manufactured with a 2.0 HDI Peugeot Diesel engine etc. The wiring on the immobiliser keypad has broken down because of wear and tear as the keypad drops down from the area below the steering wheel. The AA repaired temporarily the wiring and the car now runs but I am anxious to get a proper fix for it. I understand from my mechanic that there is the immobiliser keypad can be replaced with a part which enables the car to be started without the need for an immobiliser code and so it can be locked away under the dash and the wiring will then suffer no more wear and tear. Is this the case and if it is what is the Peugeot part number please.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

What you have been told is not exactly correct -but if you are happy to have the vehicle without the immobilser / key pad - I can tell you what to do - Please confirm for me if that is the case....

Too - is the vehicle starting ok at present ?

Rgds, MIKE..................................