Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

my car engine light came on and beeps then she starts running

Customer Question

my car engine light came on and beeps then she starts running rough then it went off for a few days now its happened again just now and again what could be wrong help
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

If the engine light came on then you have a injection system malfunction .

Let me explain what the engine light means just incase you are not sure what to do
then get back to me if needed.

The check engine light is yellow, meaning you don't have a great problem, this comes on when the management system (ECM), encounters a malfunction within the engine and transmission system.

Unless you have noticed the engine is misfiring,which means this should be checked asap due to the fact a misfiring engine will damage the catalytic converter's.

Now if the engine is running well ,then you don't have to get to the garage asap but when you have the time.

What i suggest you do is find a good local garage that has a diagnostic scan tool (shops computer engine tester).

Once the scan tool is connected it will be able to read a stored code or codes
(A code will be stored due to a malfunction of a part or sensor, it will turn the light ON)

The found code or codes will let you know what has malfunctioned and the testing technician will then let you know what has to be done to repair this issue .

Once the repair has been done the the codes will have to be cleared, which will switch off the check engine light, if the repair has been done correctly then the check engine light should stay off.

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Need further assistance then please get back to me.
Kindest regards Greg