Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

i have a peugoet 207 sport auto 1.6cc 120bhp the gear box is

Customer Question

i have a peugoet 207 sport auto 1.6cc 120bhp the gear box is a 4 speed auto and appears to stay in lower gears for a long time will only change to 4th at 30mph and if u drop to 29mph it drops back to 3rd making it very poor on fuel as most of the time you drive in 3rd gear arround town the on board computor says its doing 18.9 mpg .
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back.and i'm sorry we could not get to you sooner .

With all transmission problems you should check the fluid level and condition .

First it should be on the right level ,a low level fluid will give you shuch problems like you are having .
Now the fluid condition is very importamnt ,it should be a light transparent red to a light brown witch is acceptable ,but if its a dark brown to black and smells burnt then this is an internal transmission problem ,and will need opening to see what has damaged.

Now if the fluid level and condition is okay have the TPS checked for correct adjstment
and if this is okay you will need to be hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and test driven in live mode to see when the solenoids are opening and closing or if they are working at all.then a fluid pressure test will have to be done to make sure the fluid has its set pressure.

More time than none is the TPS at fault .

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me .

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Rgds Greg