Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Peugeot207sw fog/side warning comes on all lights ok

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Info display comes up with faulty side light or faulty fog light when I start the car.Then it comes on intermittently when driving I have checked lights and are working ok.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I will wait for an answer .

No further information is required at the moment. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help you with this..

When you get the "warn" in the display as you have - saying you have a light out - and you haven't.... whichever light it is - basically this is because the "system" is "seeing" a high resistance or near open circuit -such as you would get with a blown bulb but the warn message can be activated when you get a bad connection - where the wire / connector plug connectors to the lamp ...oe, where the bulbs connect into the socket. Those are the common causes so a really thorough check needs to be made to for loose connections ...or bad connections because of corrosion etc / anything like that..

If you do have such corrosion , use a screwdriver blade to "scratch" the metal prongs clean - not forgetting to do the same on the solder connectors on the bulb/s - and the connector plug.

Check also, the bulbs themselves - they can be faulty. If there are any signs of blackness in the bulb - or anything - replace it. Too - even if the bulb looks good - grip the glass part and the base - and see if the glass part will twist - to one side. It shouldn't, if it does , replace it.

Any such things as the above will cause this - and its usually one or more.

IF though you don't find any such issues - check the wiring carefully where it comes from the car body to the rear lights - often the wiring can chaff or break...be breaking down to cause this.

All the above needs to be checked through - Again, the fault is usually found as above but in rare cases, you can have a module fault - which is the computer that controls the system.... for that, you would need garage help... So check through all carefully as above.. Nine times out of ten, the fault is found as opposed to it being the computer.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Tech Expert