Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Having replaced the chain tensioner and chain on the cams on

Customer Question

Having replaced the chain tensioner and chain on the cams on my 16HDI diesel 16 v
engine. Pinned the crank and the camshaft sprocket with the correct pins. Fitted new belt.
Turned engine over 10 full turns and refitted the pins ok.
Put all back together and engine will not start. Had plug in to check sensors and they are ok.
Diesel pressure is ok. Cams are set in the right position as maked up before stripping down.
Any ideas
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I am willing to wait for answer. Thank you
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

What i suggest you try first is to see if you can get her started with a rag full of petrol, put this up against the air intake to the inlet manifold and then try and start ,
the hard fumes from the petrol will enter the cylinders and start the engine a few turns .

If the engine starts then check the glow plug system and fuel delivery to the cylinders .

If engine does not start then you have a bad timing set up, or very low compression .

Check compression,
If you have a few high and a few low this could be a timing issue,
If all are even and low ,then this will be a bad compression ,rings /valves ? do a wet compression test to see if you have rings or valves issue .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

Rgds Greg