Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Hello. I have a Peugeot 4007 2.2hdi se.2009 The clutch pedal

Customer Question

Hello.
I have a Peugeot 4007 2.2hdi se.2009
The clutch pedal goes down but doesn't spring back. There was no grinding or burning smell prior to this happening. Any ideas if its just the slave cylinder gone or a case of the clutch gone altogether?
Thanks Mike.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

No i don't think you have a problem with the clutch itself, but in fact with the master cylinder of slave cylinder .

First check the clutch fluid if its full ,if still full then you have a problem with the master cylinder, if empty then you have a problem with the slave cylinder .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes the clutch fluid is still full. Is it a big job to change the master cylinder? Im having quotes up to £1200 to change all clutch components.

Thanks Mike.

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Mike i don't think you need a complete clutch ,

What i suggest you do first is have the hydraulic clutch system checked this is a max of 2.5hrs plus parts .

If before you had this problem and you had all gears and was not slipping then just have the hydraulic side repaired .

Rgds Greg