Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

we have in a 206 auto with a code of 0082 and it pulls back

Customer Question

we have in a 206 auto with a code of 0082 and it pulls back over 45 mph any ideas
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

The Code P0082 is your Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Low.

If the valve is not getting power then you will have this problem .

The wiring will have to be checked and if the wiring is okay have the valve replaced .

What is happening is when you get to 45 the valve is not activating hence the problem.

This is best checked and repaired by your local garage so this can be checked with the scan tool to be 100% sure before parts get replaced that are not needed.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does this also cover the gearbox fault code too, as i have been told the box has one code and the engine another

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob .

What other code do you have .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its the same code but on our diagnostic (snap on) you can only get this code through the gearbox ecu and not through the engine management ecu if that makes sence rob

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob .

Strange as this is a engine code which could cause transmission issue indirectly .

Greg.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you can only raise this code when going in through the gearbow ecu, this is whats throwing me

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob.

Have you cleared the code at all, and if so how long does it take to get back .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the code comes back straight away you only need to start the engine, but with the engine off and ignition on the code clears

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob try another Valve .this could well be your problem .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

which valve as the gearbox has 3 and the throllte valve soliod was replaced yesterday rob

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob .

Check the Oil level first as this is operated with the oil pressure..

The valve is located on the side of the cylinder-head , this Valve has a filter on it nand may be blocked with sludge as is known to happen .

Some times just to remove this part clean it and the filter will then work again try this first and then clear codes and test drive .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried the valve and it was clean and the oil level good,this morning it seemed perfect and was on my way to the customer anditstarted doing it againitsmaking me look bloody stupid lol

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this has been done and still no better any more ideas really desperate now. rob

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob .

Yes this is annoying, Have you tried a new valve .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yesa new valve was fitted last night at a cost of 58.80p

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob .

You will need to have a good scan tool hooked up and in activation mode the system checked and tested .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi greg im using a snap on expert also tried using my old texa too, there is no stored fault codes stored now but still same fault

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob .

New valve ,no codes and still same problem .

Do a oil pressure test with a machanic test gauge , you may have a oil pressure problem ot oil feed to the Valve .

Greg

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the oil pressure is good and has a excellent service record, also carried test on all actuators and it pasted everything. the pulling back is now just between 45 mph and 55 mph, after that there is a lack of power and just very lazy but runs smoothly.

rob

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob

What are your fuel trims like at idle , 2500rpm and when you have the lack of power.

What do your spark plugs look like and what make of plugs are you using .

Fuel pressure when you are at idle and when you start to lose power.

Greg